You may be asking yourself if it’s essential to get a furnace inspection every year. There’s isn’t any oil that needs to be changed like your car, just a good vacuuming of the dust and an inspection. Of course, there’s also the consideration of the almighty dollar. Is a furnace inspection worth the money to have some technician come out? Can’t I do this myself? All of these questions are good ones!
Are annual furnace inspections vital?
Furnace manufacturers all recommend inspections and maintenance once a year by a qualified technician. The warranty also has language that says that damage to your unit caused by improper maintenance will make the warranty void. Think of it like going to the eye doctor once a year: it’s not necessary, but recommended.
Some HVAC contractors recommend getting newer furnaces checked every other year, but once they’re more than ten years old, have them checked annually.
What exactly is furnace tune-up?
There seems to be no standard for an inspection so a “tune-up” will vary significantly from company to company. If you’re going to hire a technician to do a tune-up on your furnace, ask them what their visit will include.
Actions recommended by different manufacturers.
- Checking the vent system for leaks and blockages is essential.
- Checking the outside termination connections and the ones internal to the furnace.
- The blower access door should be checked for a tight seal at the furnace.
- Inspect the fresh air intake grills and louvers for blockage.
- Inspect the heat exchanger for corrosion and rust.
- Check the burners need for proper ignition
- Check the drainage system needs for blockage or leakage.
- Inspect the hoses internal to the furnace.
- Check the wiring needs to for corrosion and damage.
- Check the filters annually.
So, you see there is so much more to a furnace inspection than just vacuuming out the ducts. When you are ready to have the best maintenance of your furnace, please call ADD Air. We are available 24/7, so we are here when you need us! (928) 768-9825